How should I cleanse my skin if I have pimples?

Whether you have a few pimples or more serious acne, practicing good skin care is critical. Use a mild soap or gentle cleanser and warm water to cleanse your face twice a day. Talk to your dermatologist about the best skincare products for your skin. Pimples can also develop on other areas of your skin, so practice this same good skin care on all areas of your body where you may have breakouts.

Do not scrub the affected areas because you may make the pimple worse and delay healing. Also, as you wash the area of skin with pimples, try to not push or squeeze a pimple. Any picking or popping of a pimple can cause scarring.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing

What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?