How should I cleanse my skin if I have pimples?

Whether you have a few pimples or more serious acne, practicing good skin care is critical. Use a mild soap or gentle cleanser and warm water to cleanse your face twice a day. Talk to your dermatologist about the best skincare products for your skin. Pimples can also develop on other areas of your skin, so practice this same good skin care on all areas of your body where you may have breakouts.

Do not scrub the affected areas because you may make the pimple worse and delay healing. Also, as you wash the area of skin with pimples, try to not push or squeeze a pimple. Any picking or popping of a pimple can cause scarring.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing

How should I cleanse my skin in the summer?
Good skin care is important all year round. Because you perspire more in the summer, it may be n...
Do I need a facial once in a while to really deep clean my skin?
Washing your skin at least once a day is the best way to keep it clean. Facials, or facial masks...
As an older woman, how should I clean my face?
Even if you’ve never had sensitive skin, these days your face can’t tolerate roughness, so ban scrub...
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?