How should I cleanse my skin if I have blackheads?

If you have blackheads or other types of acne, your dermatologist may suggest that you use a skin cleanser with the word "noncomedogenic" on the label. That means the product will not cause or worsen blackheads. Use a cleanser that's gentle, non-abrasive and alcohol-free. Don't scrub your face or other parts of the skin affected by blackheads. Instead, gently massage the cleanser onto your skin using your fingertips. Rinse your skin well and pat it dry with a clean towel.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing

What's the best way to keep my hands clean?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
What’s the best way to keep our hands clean and free from disease-spreading germs? Just washing ...
Can using a towel damage my skin?
Using a towel in a rubbing motion can dry out skin by scrubbing away the protective outer layer of d...
How often should I wash my face?
In general, you can wash your face up to two times a day, but the actual number depends on your skin...
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?