Should I change my cleanser depending on the season?

Depending on your skin type, it may be a wise idea to use different cleansers in the summer and winter. In the summer, humidity and heat may increase oil production, so a cleanser with more surfactants (i.e. more foaming) is needed to remove excess oil. In the winter, skin is dryer, so mild cleansers are more appropriate.

Debra Jaliman, MD
Dermatology

You should change your facial cleanser with the seasons; in winter you should to use a milder cleanser than you do in the warmer months, when you can introduce salicylic or glycolic acid. Watch dermatologist Debra Jaliman, MD, explain the details.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing

Are facials for men different than facials for women?
A facial is a deep-cleansing, exfoliating treatment during which dead skin cells are removed and...
What's the best shower temperature?
A hot shower may be tempting, but warm water is better for healthy skin. If the water is too hot, it...
Can using a towel damage my skin?
Using a towel in a rubbing motion can dry out skin by scrubbing away the protective outer layer of d...
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?