Can washing my face too much cause a breakout?

More is usually not better when it comes to washing your face as it can cause acne breakouts. “Over-cleansing, over-moisturizing or over-medicating the skin upsets the balance,” Linda K. Franks, MD, director of Gramercy Park Dermatology, NYC, told us. Case in point: You’re trying to tame your acne breakouts so you use several products designed to help dry up excess oil. The unfortunate result? You wind up over-drying your skin to the point where your oil glands are forced into overdrive, producing more oil and probably more acne breakouts.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing

Why should I wash my hands?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Did you know that one of the best ways to stop the spread of infection is also one of the cheape...
How does body wash remove dirt from my skin?
Body washes contain liquid surfactant ingredients that enable water to wash away the oil and dir...
How do power facial cleansers help my skin look younger?
Top plastic surgeons agree that power cleansers can help you look younger. These devices are lik...
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?