What's the best amount of time to spend in the shower?

Long showers can rid skin of essential natural oils, so it's better to take shorter ones. If you have dry skin, limit yourself to somewhere between five and 10 minutes, otherwise, five to 15 minutes is about the longest you want to stay in.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing

Do I need a facial once in a while to really deep clean my skin?
Washing your skin at least once a day is the best way to keep it clean. Facials, or facial masks...
Is a body scrub something I need to use in the shower once a week?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
"Need" is the key word here. A body scrub can feel luxurious, smell delicious, and leave your skin s...
What are the health benefits of baths?
Dr. Mike Dow, PsyDDr. Mike Dow, PsyD
Baths are good for the mind, body and soul. In this video, psychotherapist Mike Dow explains why a h...
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?