What's the best amount of time to spend in the shower?

Long showers can rid skin of essential natural oils, so it's better to take shorter ones. If you have dry skin, limit yourself to somewhere between five and 10 minutes, otherwise, five to 15 minutes is about the longest you want to stay in.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing

What's the best way to keep my hands clean?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
What’s the best way to keep our hands clean and free from disease-spreading germs? Just washing ...
Are all skin cleansers the same?
Skin cleansers are recommended by dermatologists as a way to rid the skin of dirt, oil, bacteria and...
How often should I exfoliate?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Exfoliating too often is yet another example of overdoing a good thing. Like everything else, modera...
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?