How do I tell what type of skin I have?

Pay attention to your skin after you've washed your face. Oily skin looks shiny a few hours after washing it, while dry skin features pores that are difficult to see in the hours after washing. Sensitive skin is often tight or itchy and prone to allergic reactions, while combination skin might be made up of two or more of these types. Normal skin is a good balance between moisture, durability and oil.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

One Woman’s Beautification Adventures
One Woman’s Beautification Adventures
In the interest of science and my own personal quest, I have tried a variety of health and beauty treatments that I have seen demonstrated on TV. You’...
What do I do if I have sensitive skin?
Sensitive skin is especially prone to irritation and redness. Maintaining a daily regimen of mild cl...
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
These common skin problems can sometimes be embarrassing. Here are six different issues and how to solve them.
How Can I Stop Making Facial Expressions That Cause Wrinkles?