What should I do if I have moles?

If you have moles, it is good to know where they are, how big they are and what they look like. Any concerning-looking moles should be looked at by a doctor. Concerning signs include the following:

• asymmetry (if you draw a line through the middle of a mole the two halves should match; if not, it's asymmetrical)
  • uneven borders
  • one mole with multiple colors
  • large moles
  • moles that change over time

Keep an eye on your moles. If you notice changes, have a doctor examine them.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Does darker skin age more slowly?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
The greater amount of melanin in darker skin tones can preserve the youthful look of your skin longe...
How does my skin type affect how frequently I should wash my face?
It is important for people with oily skin to remove excess oil and dirt, but this does not necessari...
What are moles?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
There are three general types of moles. One type is a flat, dark brown spot (a benign melanocytic ne...
Can I believe the claims made in ads for cosmetics and skin products?
Even if a product says, “clinically shown to...” remember that it’s one thing to research how a comp...