What questions should I ask my doctor about skin health?

Questions you should ask your doctor or other healthcare professional about the important issue of skin health include the following:
  • How should I care for my skin, given my age and skin type?
  • What products do you recommend to keep my skin healthy?
  • What advertising claims can I believe about skin care products? Which claims are untrue?
  • How can I get rid of my acne?
  • How can I get rid of my dandruff?
  • What treatments may help improve my psoriasis?
  • What treatments may improve my eczema?
  • Am I at high risk for skin cancer? What can I do to minimize my risk?
  • What should I look for when examining my skin, and how often should I examine it?
  • What should I do if I find a suspicious spot on my skin?
Talking to your doctor about skin health is important, including discussing getting a full body skin check to look for lesions. You should also talk about sun exposure and how to prevent further skin damage. It may also be helpful to ask about moisturizers and lotions that may be helpful for your skin type.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Foods That Make Your Skin Glow
Foods That Make Your Skin Glow
Top skin creams average about $400 per ounce (and you thought gas was expensive!), yet most offer little proof that they do half of what they promise....
How can I improve my skin’s appearance in nine days?
If I had to give you one word that is the root of all evils today, at least when it comes to health ...
Will my earlobes change as I age?
Susan EvansSusan Evans
As we age, there is an overall decreased production of collagen and elastin in our skin. This accoun...
What Is the Most Effective Treatment for Cellulite?