What are natural treatments for excessive sweating?

Jacob Teitelbaum
Integrative Medicine

Treat any underlying causes. Begin with anxiety if sweating is worse during stress.

The herb black cohosh is very helpful for sweats/hot flashes in general (use the Remifemin form).

For menopause symptoms, soy bean pods (called "edamame" - available in the freezer section in most grocery stores) 1 handful a day can be helpful, as these naturally raise estrogen levels. Alternatively, use bioidentical estrogen from a holistic physician.

If sweating in just a small area (e.g., palms or soles), rub a regular antiperspirant onto those areas. If it persists and is annoying, see a dermatologist.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

How to Handle 4 Common Skin Problems
How to Handle 4 Common Skin Problems
Crow's feet, eye bags, frown lines, and liver spots. You can't turn back the clock, but you can hide the hands a little. First, always protect your s...
How do I tell what type of skin I have?
Pay attention to your skin after you've washed your face. Oily skin looks shiny a few hours after wa...
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
These common skin problems can sometimes be embarrassing. Here are six different issues and how to solve them.
Does Hyaluronic Acid Help with Aging Skin?