What should I know before I try cellulite treatment?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery

The newest and most promising technique for cellulite treatment includes the use of the Cellulaze laser. This is the only single application, FDA approved treatment for cellulite. The three mechanisms of action of the ND-YAG 1440 nm laser include: Localized emulsification fat, subcision of the fibrous septae, and dermal thickening (increased collagen formation). All three actions reduce the appearance of cellulite permanently. This treatment can be combined with SmartLipo to remove the deeper fat. Most other treatments have been found to be not useful for cellulite including creams, ointments, and massage therapy. Results of Cellulaze normally will take between 3 and 6 months.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By
7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By
Take better care of your skin with these quick lessons from a dermatologist. It’s no secret that drinking more water, getting a good night’s sleep and...
Can I Do a Chemical or Acid Peel At Home?
What Causes Lip Lines?
What Causes Lip Lines?
How Can I Stop Making Facial Expressions That Cause Wrinkles?