What should I know before I try cellulite treatment?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery

The newest and most promising technique for cellulite treatment includes the use of the Cellulaze laser. This is the only single application, FDA approved treatment for cellulite. The three mechanisms of action of the ND-YAG 1440 nm laser include: Localized emulsification fat, subcision of the fibrous septae, and dermal thickening (increased collagen formation). All three actions reduce the appearance of cellulite permanently. This treatment can be combined with SmartLipo to remove the deeper fat. Most other treatments have been found to be not useful for cellulite including creams, ointments, and massage therapy. Results of Cellulaze normally will take between 3 and 6 months.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Beware of Mercury in Skin Care Products
Beware of Mercury in Skin Care Products
Mercury was the Roman god of shopkeepers, thieves, tricksters and transporters of goods. Bingo! We’re not sure how all those centuries ago they knew w...
What are the health benefits of sex?
Sex, especially in a loving, secure relationship (no fear, no anxiety, no "is he going to call me?" ...
7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By
7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By
Take better care of your skin with these quick lessons from a dermatologist.
Supercharge Your Body for Spring, Pt 4
Supercharge Your Body for Spring, Pt 4