What should I know before I try cellulite treatment?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery

The newest and most promising technique for cellulite treatment includes the use of the Cellulaze laser. This is the only single application, FDA approved treatment for cellulite. The three mechanisms of action of the ND-YAG 1440 nm laser include: Localized emulsification fat, subcision of the fibrous septae, and dermal thickening (increased collagen formation). All three actions reduce the appearance of cellulite permanently. This treatment can be combined with SmartLipo to remove the deeper fat. Most other treatments have been found to be not useful for cellulite including creams, ointments, and massage therapy. Results of Cellulaze normally will take between 3 and 6 months.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Skincare Shocker: Women, Shave Your Face!
I remember first learning to shave. Crouching over the running tub in a bathing suit, shimmery, raspberry-scented Skintimate splattered everywhere, tr...
How are cellulite treatments performed?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
At this present date of December, 2012, the only FDA approved treatment for cellulite removal is the...
6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin
6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin
Keep your skin hydrated with these simple tips from a dermatologist.
3 Tips to Stop Puffy Eyes
3 Tips to Stop Puffy Eyes