What is an atypical mole?

Atypical moles are moles that have irregular shape, color, are large, or shaped oddly. Moles of concern should be shown to a doctor. If the doctor is also concerned he or she may remove a part or all of the mole and send it to a laboratory to be checked under a microscope.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Tell Me Why ... My Mole Grew Back
Tell Me Why ... My Mole Grew Back
People get moles removed for a handful of reasons. Sometimes it’s purely cosmetic, other times it’s because the mole shows signs of potential skin can...
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
These common skin problems can sometimes be embarrassing. Here are six different issues and how to solve them. Of all the weird, wacky issues that hum...
How Can I Reverse the Signs of Aging On My Face?
What Is the Most Effective Treatment for Cellulite?