What causes lip lines?

Dr. Doris Day, MD
Dermatology
Lip lines or wrinkles around the mouth are complicated, because they show up over time; sun exposure and smoking are big culprits. Watch me discuss some causes of lip lines, and share tricks for treating them.

The biggest problem with lip lines is that you can get them just from doing many of the activities you do on a daily basis -- sipping through a straw, whistling a tune or pursing them in frustration.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Tell Me Why ... My Mole Grew Back
Tell Me Why ... My Mole Grew Back
People get moles removed for a handful of reasons. Sometimes it’s purely cosmetic, other times it’s because the mole shows signs of potential skin can...
What is cellulite treatment?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Cellulite treatment focuses on three areas. The first is the removal of the small hills or mountains...
5 Foolproof Tips for Smooth Shaving
5 Foolproof Tips for Smooth Shaving5 Foolproof Tips for Smooth Shaving5 Foolproof Tips for Smooth Shaving5 Foolproof Tips for Smooth Shaving
With a few healthy habits, you can steer clear of cuts and razor burn.
How Can I Reduce the Appearance of Cellulite?