How can I improve my skin’s appearance in nine days?

If I had to give you one word that is the root of all evils today, at least when it comes to health and beauty, it’s stress. Not diet, not drugs, not smoking, not alcohol, not pollution or global warming, and definitely not the trans fats or fast food that infiltrate our everyday lives. The biggest beauty thief and ager of all is the stress our minds try to endure day in and day out.

Here are some practical and sensible recommendations that can improve your looks and sense of well-being:

• Day One: Simplify. Establish a daily skin care routine and a regular (sound) sleep schedule.
  • Day Two: Relax. Book a treatment, connect with friends, try a yoga class, and/or have sex; learn simple breathing exercises you can do daily.
  • Day Three: Go Green. Get out in nature and take in your surroundings.
  • Day Four: Eat Clean. Avoid fast food, fried food, and anything processed.
  • Day Five: Make a Move. Establish an exercise routine.
  • Day Six: Foster Friendships. Connect with friends and family in person.
  • Day Seven: Pamper Yourself. Learn how to meditate before bedtime.
  • Day Eight: Sleep In Beauty. Sleep in or try napping.
  • Day Nine: Reflect. Look back on your week.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Take the RealAge Test!

Continue Learning about Skin Care

6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
These common skin problems can sometimes be embarrassing. Here are six different issues and how to solve them. Of all the weird, wacky issues that hum...
Are Organic Skin Care Products More Effective Than Synthetic Ones?
What Can I Do to Improve My Jowls and Chin?
What Do Antioxidants Do for the Skin?
What Do Antioxidants Do for the Skin?