What should I do if I've a complexion with lots of freckles and redness?

Patricia Farris, MD
Dermatology

Intense pulsed light or IPL is the best treatment for the type of problems you are describing. IPL gets rid of pigment and redness leaving the skin tone more even. It will take several treatments to achieve optimal results but it's worth the wait. IPL can be used on the face, neck and chest and even for treating brown spots on the back of your hands.  

Dr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Dermatology
Intense pulsed light (IPL) treatments are a great alternative for someone who doesn't need too much in the way of anti-aging (perhaps a patient in his or her late thirties with overall firm, healthy skin). IPL is incredibly successful at treating rosacea, freckles, and especially poikiloderma -- a mélange of white, brown, and red sun spots.
Simple Skin Beauty: Every Woman's Guide to a Lifetime of Healthy, Gorgeous Skin

What if a leading dermatologist just happened to be your best friend and you could ask her anything? DR. ELLEN MARMUR, a world-renowned New York City dermatologist, answers all your questions with...

Continue Learning about Skin Care

How to Keep Your Skin Healthy
How to Keep Your Skin Healthy
No matter what your age, taking care of your skin should be a priority. “As we age, our skin's ability to keep itself hydrated, glistening and supple ...
How can I reduce the chance of stretch marks?
Susan EvansSusan Evans
Eating well and keeping your skin hydrated can help reduce the risk of stretch marks, as can som...
5 Foolproof Tips for Smooth Shaving
5 Foolproof Tips for Smooth Shaving5 Foolproof Tips for Smooth Shaving5 Foolproof Tips for Smooth Shaving5 Foolproof Tips for Smooth Shaving
With a few healthy habits, you can steer clear of cuts and razor burn.
What Causes Wrinkles?
What Causes Wrinkles?