What should I think about if I have a traditional surgery for sinusitis?

In the past, "traditional" surgery for chronic sinusitis meant being out of work for up to two weeks with restrictions on the intensity of your activities. Now a less invasive procedure called Balloon Sinuplasty is our first choice to be performed in the vast majority of our patients. Balloon Sinuplasty is much less invasive, has as good or better results than "traditional" surgery and can be performed either in the office or in surgery. You will often be back to normal activities within 24-48 hours with balloon sinuplasty.

Continue Learning about Sinusitis

How is sinusitis treated?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Sinusitis is very common. Sinusitis can occur after an episode of acute respiratory infection, a bad...
How does having an orgasm clear my sinuses?
An orgasm has the added bonus of clearing the sinuses. In this video, Dr. Oz explains why airway...
What Is Sinusitis?
What Is Sinusitis?
Why Do So Many People Have Sinus Problems?