What are depressed shoulders?

Rick Olderman
Physical Therapy
The most common problem with shoulder blades is that they sit too low on the trunk. This is referred to as having depressed shoulders, which includes a cluster of other problems that cause neck pain and headaches.
Fixing You: Neck Pain & Headaches: Self-Treatment for healing Neck pain and headaches due to Bulging Disks, Degenerative Disks, and other diagnoses.

There are two major muscles connecting the shoulder blade to the head and neck. Because the shoulder system isn't working well, continual stress is placed on the head and neck creating...

Continue Learning about Shoulder

How can I avoid pain in my shoulders when I lift weights?
Sean McMillan, DOSean McMillan, DO
To avoid pain in your shoulders when you lift weights, stop at 90 degrees or at shoulder height. You...
How are stroke and shoulder pain related?
William P. McRoberts, MDWilliam P. McRoberts, MD
The specific connection between stroke and shoulder pain is not known. However, sometimes after a st...
How is shoulder trauma treated?
Southern Hills HospitalSouthern Hills Hospital
You can treat shoulder trauma either with therapy, surgery or a combination.
What is the rotator cuff?
Sean McMillan, DOSean McMillan, DO
The rotator cuff is a group of four muscles that give the shoulder power and stability. There are fo...