Should I try to remove ingrown hairs before shaving?

A dermatologist can provide the best advice for addressing ingrown hairs, also known as razor bumps. You can try using a soft-bristled toothbrush to gently dislodge ingrown hairs that are piercing the skin. Buy a separate toothbrush just for this purpose, and use it gently in a circular motion. Seek a physician’s assistance for medical concerns.

Continue Learning about Shaving

Do men and women need to use different processes when shaving?
The way you shave primarily depends on which body part you're focusing on. For example, skin on the ...
Are shaving products specific to skin types?
Some shaving products are better than others for certain types of skin. For example, using shavi...
What Are Some Treatments for Razor Bumps?
How Can I Shave to Prevent Ingrown Hairs?