Should I try to remove ingrown hairs before shaving?

A dermatologist can provide the best advice for addressing ingrown hairs, also known as razor bumps. You can try using a soft-bristled toothbrush to gently dislodge ingrown hairs that are piercing the skin. Buy a separate toothbrush just for this purpose, and use it gently in a circular motion. Seek a physician’s assistance for medical concerns.

Continue Learning about Shaving

What can I do to make my blade last longer?
Rinse your blade with warm or hot water after every use to clear it of any hair, skin or shaving cre...
How does a straight razor become sharp - and stay that way?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Shaving requires a sharp knife. An ordinary knife will work, but the best type of knife for the job ...
What Is the Proper Way to Shave?
What Is the Proper Way to Shave?
How Can I Shave to Prevent Ingrown Hairs?