Can I see any mental health provider for military sexual trauma?

Yes, you can see any mental health provider with whom you are comfortable, but you should seek someone who is familiar with the military circumstances of your trauma. Remember that survivors are at increased risk of a host of issues such as panic disorders, anxiety and depression, so make sure your provider is trained to address and treat those conditions.

Continue Learning about Sexual Assault Treatment

What services does the VA have for military sexual trauma?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
The VA offers screening and treatment services to help Veterans overcome military sexual trauma. All...
What medicines may I need when I have been sexually assaulted?
Lisa MomentLisa Moment
Usually, one to two antibiotics are prescribed to prophylactically treat gonorrhea and chlamydia. Fl...
What happens if I see a mental health provider for military sexual trauma?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
When you go see a mental health provider you can expect to receive a formal assessment for specific ...
Do I have to accept a mental health referral for military sexual trauma?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Absolutely not. You do not have to accept a referral to see a mental health provider about MST. Your...