Why is relaxation so important for anal play?

Emily Nagoski
Emily Nagoski on behalf of Good In Bed
Relaxation. The anus is composed of two sphincters of muscle. The outer sphincter is under conscious control, and the inner one is not. The inner sphincter will clench when you feel stressed or anxious or threatened in any way, and it will take the outer muscle with it. This is why relaxation is so important.
The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

Want to learn how to achieve 487 different kinds of orgasms?If so, you’re reading the wrong guidebook. Despite what many in the media would have you believe, there’s no such thing as a rainbow...

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Increase Sex Drive with Sexy Foods
Increase Sex Drive with Sexy Foods
When your sex drive takes a nosedive (happens to everyone, now and then), you may be able to give your love life a mini pick-me-up with sexy foods. L...
What is sexual response?
Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhDBonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
Sexual response can refer specifically to the physical changes that occur during sexual stimulation ...
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Two medications have been approved to treat female sexual dysfunction—but do they really work?
How Can I Talk to My Partner About Sex?
How Can I Talk to My Partner About Sex?