Why has the book "Fifty Shades of Grey" become so popular among women?

Ian Kerner, PhD
Sexual Health

For many women, “Fifty Shades of Grey” is their first experience with erotica. In this video, sex therapist Ian Kerner discusses why this novel appeals to women.  

Sari Cooper
Sexual Health

“Fifty Shades of Grey” may be labeled soft porn but to women hooked on the series it's much more. In this video, sex therapist Sari Cooper explains why this novel has such a fired-up female following.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Study Finds Women Prefer Taller Men
Study Finds Women Prefer Taller Men
The next time that special lady catches your eye, ask yourself: Am I tall enough to be her man? One study published in the Journal of Family Issues fo...
What is retrograde ejaculation?
Normally, ejaculation cannons semen forward through a man's urethra and out the tip of his penis. Th...
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Two medications have been approved to treat female sexual dysfunction—but do they really work?
How Can I Have a Sexy Date With My Partner?