What is sex therapy?

Sharine Forbes
Geriatric Medicine

There are different types of sex therapy. One type is employed by couples in order to help with any problems that may be affecting the level of intimacy in their relationship. The second most popular type is counseling that can help someone who has an addiction to sex or perhaps has some sort of psychological issue they may face in regards to sex. Additionally, people who may suffer from physical problems that affect their sex life can often be recommended to attend sex therapy. 

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Men, Forget About Trying to Sound Sexy
Men, Forget About Trying to Sound Sexy
Tall, dark and handsome: that's the stereotypical attractive guy. And if you've got a sultry voice like Will Arnett or Barry White, even better. But c...
Can sexually transmitted infections (STIs) cause health problems?
Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhDBonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
Yes, STIs can and do cause health problems. The scariest problems are the ones you can't detect. Clo...
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Two medications have been approved to treat female sexual dysfunction—but do they really work?
Why Should I Share Sexual Fantasies With My Partner?