What are fantasies?

Many people think of fantasies as predominantly about sex. Fantasizing is actually the process of generating possible scenarios, usually related to the fulfillment of a desire. In reality, you have fantasies all the time about things that have nothing to do with sex. Any daydream about wanting to be in another place and time, or of goals coming true, is a fantasy. You might have a fantasy about a vacation, a better future, or space creatures from different planets hanging out in an intergalactic bar. If you're a person who has a rich inner world -- someone who can generate a lot of fantasies -- you'll find it hard to pay attention to the real world.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Sex Headaches
Sex Headaches
The truth about sex and headaches still remains elusive: Around 1% of folks admit that arousal or orgasm gives them a headache -- but experts think mo...
Why are some people transgender?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
No one knows why people are transgender. Most experts believe that a combination of biological facto...
10 Best Cities for Sex
10 Best Cities for Sex10 Best Cities for Sex10 Best Cities for Sex10 Best Cities for Sex
Find out where men and women are really satisfied.
How Can I Pinpoint Why My Libido Is Low?