What do sex and hunger have in common?

Sex and hunger are regulated through the brain chemical NPY, which decreases metabolism and increases appetite. Some have observed that having healthy sex could help you control your food intake (by satisfying one appetite center, you seem to satisfy the other). So having safe, healthy, monogamous sex could help you lay off the double-cheeseburgers.
YOU: On A Diet Revised Edition: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management

For the first time in our history, scientists are uncovering astounding medical evidence about dieting -- and why so many of us struggle with our weight and the size of our waists. Now researchers...

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Study Finds Women Prefer Taller Men
Study Finds Women Prefer Taller Men
The next time that special lady catches your eye, ask yourself: Am I tall enough to be her man? One study published in the Journal of Family Issues fo...
My Legs Shake After Sex. Is That Normal?
If you’ve ever finished a roll in the hay with shaky legs, you’re probably wondering why. Shaking and pelvic cramping after reaching orgasm happens to...
Tricks to Boost Sexual Self-Confidence
Tricks to Boost Sexual Self-Confidence
Sometimes it can seem like sexual attractiveness is all about physical perfection--and you may worry that you're not up to that standard. But countles...
What are the physical effects of sexual abstinence?
When you go without sex for a while testosterone levels drop, in both men and women. Lower testoster...