What's the most important thing about sex in a relationship?

Lisa Oz
Health Education
The single most important thing about sex is "Have it." People age, marriages change, relationships evolve, but whatever stage you find yourself and your partner in, sex matters. It does not have to be marathon-long or multiorgasmic; it does not even have to be traditional "sex" if you are old or have a medical condition. What it does have to be is a deep and powerful connection between the two of you, body and soul. It needs to be a time you set aside for each other, alone, where you reaffirm that there is nothing on earth more precious than your union. So, turn off the TV, move the baby to his crib, and have an espresso shot if you need it to wake up, but make time to make love.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Keeping the Two-to-Tango Going
Keeping the Two-to-Tango Going
The deaf fashion model Nyle DiMarco and his professional partner Peta Murgatroyd danced their way to victory in this season’s Dancing with the Stars b...
How can I keep the spark alive in my marriage?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Part of keeping the spark alive in a marriage is staying attracted to each other, and that generally...
4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction
4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction
They do a number on your sex life—and can point to even bigger health problems.
How Often Do Most Married Couples Have Sex?