How can surgery affect my sex life?

Madeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Psychiatry
Surgery and other treatments can be the best solutions to some health problems, but they can have unfortunate effects on a man's sex life. Surgical treatments for cancer of the prostate, bladder, colon, and rectum can all damage pelvic nerves (as can riding a bicycle that puts too much pressure on his perineum), leading to weakened erections or full-blown erectile dysfunction (ED).

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

3 Amazing Health Benefits of Masturbation
3 Amazing Health Benefits of Masturbation3 Amazing Health Benefits of Masturbation3 Amazing Health Benefits of Masturbation3 Amazing Health Benefits of Masturbation
It's one of the best—and easiest—ways to get to know your body. Whether you're single or in a relationship, you shouldn’t shy away from self-pleasure....
Can a Hysterectomy Hurt My Sex Life?
Can a Hysterectomy Hurt My Sex Life?
Why Is Little or No Sex Drive Something I Shouldn't Ignore?
Why Should I Schedule Sex?
Why Should I Schedule Sex?