How can I spice up my sex life?

Ian Kerner, PhD
Sexual Health
With desire and attraction, unpredictability goes a long way. Research shows that people with active fantasy lives are more sexually responsive, more sexually satisfied, and more sexually adventurous. So kick-start your creative and adventurous sides as a couple by sharing a fantasy.
If you feel your sex life needs some spicing up, it can help to come up with a tactic to make sure that you spark some romance, keep things fresh and make sure that your relationships (sexually and emotionally) are moving forward. How? Seek experiences that feel new, novel and extraordinary.

Don’t get me wrong: habits are good and can be a strong means of establishing traditions. But your brain doesn’t always want you to do the same thing every Saturday night. Your brain wants to go to dinner and a movie one night and then maybe try go-karts another time. Or moonlight hikes or walks through the neighborhood. Just mix it up a little.
This Is Your Do-Over: The 7 Secrets to Losing Weight, Living Longer, and Getting a Second Chance at the Life You Want

From one of America’s most trusted physicians and the bestselling coauthor of the YOU series with Dr. Mehmet Oz—this practical and empowering guide shares the seven secrets to losing weight, restoring peak vitality, and regaining optimal health at any age.No matter whether you’re a stressed-out workaholic, a couch potato, or a marshmallow addict, it’s never too late to get a second chance. You do not have to let genetics or bad choices of the past dictate your health outcomes. In fact, you have the power to change your body—as well as which of your genes are switched on—no matter how you’ve lived in the past.In This Is Your Do-Over, Dr.Michael Roizen, four-time New York Times #1 bestselling author and renowned Chief Wellness Officer of the Cleveland Clinic, provides the tools you need to slam the brakes on bad health and press the gas pedal to good health. In the book, he addresses all the areas that contribute to total-body wellness, including nutrition, exercise, sex, stress, sleep, and the brain. Using concrete strategies that anyone of any age can use, Dr. Roizen shows you how to change your heath destiny with his seven simple secrets to earning a Do-Over. He even shares the key step missing in most other programs: how to select and partner with the proper buddy or coach to get you to your goals. Grounded in cutting-edge scientific research and culled from Dr. Roizen’s experience coaching thousands, This Is Your Do-Over is the ultimate guide to reversing damage, optimizing health, and living a life filled with energy and happiness. It is not too late; your Do-Over starts now.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

7 Ways to Have Better Sex
7 Ways to Have Better Sex
Are you looking for a surefire way to have better sex? There are so many factors that can affect your libido, so finding an answer may take some patie...
Should I Talk Dirty During Sex?
Should I Talk Dirty During Sex?
How Often Do Most Married Couples Have Sex?
What Can I Do If I Feel Pain During Sex?