What are the varied causes of female sexual dissatisfaction?

Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
Geriatrics Nursing

Dissatisfaction has to do with feelings not the ability to perform. The causes therefore are as simple or complex as a woman is. They can range from:

• disliking a sense of distance because there was a disagreement before sexual activity that went unresolved.
  • Disliking a sense of being too close or smothered.
  • missing sexual activity during a time of abstinence
  • feeling unhappy by too frequent a demand for sex.

It all depends on the woman and her fit with her partner and their lives at the time. If you or your female partner are feeling sexually dissatisfied, talk to each other, listen to each other, be respectful of the other's feelings and cherish what you have had together as a basis for going forward. Get professional help if you can't find a resolution on your own.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Top 10 Sex Boosters and Busters
Top 10 Sex Boosters and BustersTop 10 Sex Boosters and BustersTop 10 Sex Boosters and BustersTop 10 Sex Boosters and Busters
If your love life has gone flat, these secrets can give you some extra fizz. Looking for ways to spice up your love life? There's no reason not to, si...
What Secret Can Improve My Sex Life?
What Secret Can Improve My Sex Life?
Why Should I Schedule Sex?
Why Should I Schedule Sex?
What Is an Estrogen Ring and How Can It Help with Vaginal Pain or Dryness?