What's a simple test that can tell if I'm healthy enough to have sex?

The mere desire and presence of an erection are, of course, supremely important. But because sex is a physical activity (or really should be), your heart and lungs have something to say about your ability to enjoy it, as well.

Want to know if you're at least healthy and fit enough to enjoy sex? Hit the stairs. If you cannot go up and down two flights of stairs without stopping, it's a sign that you have arterial damage that most likely will affect your sex life.
YOU: The Owner's Manual, Updated and Expanded Edition: An Insider's Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger

Between your full-length mirror and high-school biology class, you probably think you know a lot about the human body. While it's true that we live in an age when we're as obsessed with our bodies as...

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Not Satisfied in Bed? Your Partner Can Tell
At those times when it’s just not happening for you in bed, “going along to get along” might seem like the polite thing to do. But if you think you’re...
What supplements may help with sexual function?
Marcy Holmes, MSN, NPMarcy Holmes, MSN, NP
Ashwagandha can be very helpful both for libido and stress response! Ashwagandha is an Ayurvedic her...
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Two medications have been approved to treat female sexual dysfunction—but do they really work?
How Can I Boost My Libido?
How Can I Boost My Libido?