Should I be worried about seasonal affective disorder?

Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) like other forms of depression can get very serious if left untreated. You should only really worry about SAD if symptoms begin to get complicated with thoughts of suicide, social withdrawal, or substance abuse. It is important to see a doctor if symptoms spring up. Early diagnosis and treatment are your best bet to avoid becoming worried about SAD.

Continue Learning about Seasonal Affective Disorder

Coping with Seasonal Affective Disorder: 4 Treatments That Help
While the cooler temperatures and shorter days of fall and winter mean relief from summer heat and sun, they can, for some people, bring changes in mo...
What are side effects of seasonal affective disorder (SAD)?
Short days can cause seasonal affective disorder (SAD) -- neurochemical changes in your brain du...
What should I know to care for someone with seasonal affective disorder?
When caring for someone with seasonal affective disorder (SAD), it's important to remember that the ...
What Natural Remedies Can I Use to Beat the Winter Blues?