How do I manage my seasonal affective disorder on a daily basis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) can have a significant impact on your life, but there are ways you can manage the disorder from day to day. It's important to follow doctors' advice regarding treatment such as medication and therapy. Herbal supplements, exercise, and massage may also help relieve some of the stress or chemical imbalances that are causing your symptoms. However, the disorder can still affect all aspects of your life, including your emotional and mental health. It's important to find ways to cope with these challenges, so seeking counseling, socializing, or even traveling may all be helpful.

Continue Learning about Seasonal Affective Disorder

Coping with Seasonal Affective Disorder: 4 Treatments That Help
While the cooler temperatures and shorter days of fall and winter mean relief from summer heat and sun, they can, for some people, bring changes in mo...
Seasonal Depression in Teens: Is It the Winter Blues or Something More Serious?
The winter holidays are a joyous time for many teens: they’re out of school and opportunities to celebrate and spend time with friends and loved ones ...
What Is Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)?
Is Vitamin D Associated with Seasonal Affective Disorder?