How do I manage my seasonal affective disorder on a daily basis?

Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) can have a significant impact on your life, but there are ways you can manage the disorder from day to day. It's important to follow doctors' advice regarding treatment such as medication and therapy. Herbal supplements, exercise, and massage may also help relieve some of the stress or chemical imbalances that are causing your symptoms. However, the disorder can still affect all aspects of your life, including your emotional and mental health. It's important to find ways to cope with these challenges, so seeking counseling, socializing, or even traveling may all be helpful.

Continue Learning about Seasonal Affective Disorder

Understanding Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a type of depression that occurs mostly in the fall and winter months when the days are shorter. We talked with p...
Does seasonal affective disorder affect children differently than adults?
Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is more prevalent in adults than it is in children, but symptoms c...
How can I deal with the winter blahs?
Exercise of any form, resistance training or cardiovascular exercise, provides opportunity to expend...
What Natural Remedies Can I Use to Beat the Winter Blues?