How do I manage my seafood allergy on a daily basis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

The best way to manage your seafood allergy on a daily basis is to avoid seafood. The biggest concern is cross-contamination—you don't eat seafood, but you handle or ingest something that has come in contact with seafood. Watch out for cross-contamination when eating out, and be sure to inform your server that your food must be prepared without exposure to seafood. You should also be sure to read food labels to be sure your product did not come into contact with seafood during manufacturing.

Have treatment medication on hand, such as antihistamines. It is crucial for you to have an injection of epinephrine, and be familiar with how, when and where to use it.

Continue Learning about Seafood Allergy