Why do children learn things much faster than adults do?

Kids have more neurons actively creating new connections than adults do, so they can do things like learn to play tennis or memorize the multiplication tables or learn to play video games or fix a computer much more easily than we can. So it's much better for you to expose your kids to lots of different things—repeatedly, ideally—to allow those connections to be formed, rather than trying to catch up later.

YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about School Age Child Development

what should i look at when checking my child growth ?
There are several factors that are considered when checking a child’s growth. The most common, depen...
how does learning develop once a child starts school ?
Once in kindergarten, learning really starts to blossom. Most parents are awed by the growth of thei...
how can i help my child do his or her homework ?
Your children count on you to help them make connections between things that are new to them and wha...
how can i help my child to learn to handle stress ?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Here is a behavior makeover to help kids cope with stress.One of the best ways is to teach your chil...