Hallucinations, such as hearing and seeing things that are not real, can be reduced or eliminated when one receives medication treatment for schizophrenia. Without treatment, hallucinations will most likely continue and potentially increase.
- Q Are there public programs to help people with schizophrenia?
- Q Does schizophrenia reduce one's life expectancy?
- Q What is supported employment for people with schizophrenia?
- Q What is it like to have schizophrenia and hear voices?
- Q How can people with schizophrenia manage their stress?
- Q Do people with schizophrenia have friends?