Family members of those with schizophrenia, including the children of adults with schizophrenia, can get support through family support groups. These groups are found in most states, and the National Alliance of Mental Illness reported that there were over 1,200 family support groups in the United States as of 2008. Family members can use these groups to learn more about the illness and gain a better understanding of how to help friends and family members adjust to, and cope with, life with schizophrenia.
- Q How does SSDI help people with schizophrenia?
- Q Is exercise good for someone who is schizophrenic?
- Q Can people with schizophrenia lead normal lives?
- Q Do all people with schizophrenia have to be institutionalized?
- Q Why do people with schizophrenia have trouble with their hygiene?
- Q How can I avoid stigmatizing my own illness if I have schizophrenia?