Family members of those with schizophrenia, including the children of adults with schizophrenia, can get support through family support groups. These groups are found in most states, and the National Alliance of Mental Illness reported that there were over 1,200 family support groups in the United States as of 2008. Family members can use these groups to learn more about the illness and gain a better understanding of how to help friends and family members adjust to, and cope with, life with schizophrenia.
- Q What is supported employment for people with schizophrenia?
- Q What is the relationship of schizophrenia and homelessness in veterans?
- Q Are people with schizophrenia violent?
- Q Can I get pregnant if I have schizophrenia?
- Q Will I always hear voices with schizophrenia?
- Q Does schizophrenia reduce one's life expectancy?