Family members of those with schizophrenia, including the children of adults with schizophrenia, can get support through family support groups. These groups are found in most states, and the National Alliance of Mental Illness reported that there were over 1,200 family support groups in the United States as of 2008. Family members can use these groups to learn more about the illness and gain a better understanding of how to help friends and family members adjust to, and cope with, life with schizophrenia.
- Q Why do people with schizophrenia hear and see things that are not real?
- Q Can I get pregnant if I have schizophrenia?
- Q How does SSI help people with schizophrenia?
- Q How does SSDI help people with schizophrenia?
- Q What is supported employment for people with schizophrenia?
- Q How can the stigma associated with schizophrenia be overcome?