Family members of those with schizophrenia, including the children of adults with schizophrenia, can get support through family support groups. These groups are found in most states, and the National Alliance of Mental Illness reported that there were over 1,200 family support groups in the United States as of 2008. Family members can use these groups to learn more about the illness and gain a better understanding of how to help friends and family members adjust to, and cope with, life with schizophrenia.
- Q Are there public programs to help people with schizophrenia?
- Q How does SSDI help people with schizophrenia?
- Q Do people with schizophrenia have friends?
- Q Are people with schizophrenia violent?
- Q Can people with schizophrenia lead normal lives?
- Q Can I get pregnant if I have schizophrenia?