There are two factors that may contribute to a shorter life span. First, people with schizophrenia have a 1 in 10 chance of committing suicide, which is higher than the general population. They also are more likely to have serious medical conditions than the average person. These health problems may contribute to earlier death.
- Q How can people with schizophrenia manage their stress?
- Q How can I avoid stigmatizing my own illness if I have schizophrenia?
- Q Are there public programs to help people with schizophrenia?
- Q Is exercise good for someone who is schizophrenic?
- Q Can people with schizophrenia live alone?
- Q Can people with schizophrenia have children?