There are two factors that may contribute to a shorter life span. First, people with schizophrenia have a 1 in 10 chance of committing suicide, which is higher than the general population. They also are more likely to have serious medical conditions than the average person. These health problems may contribute to earlier death.
- Q Why do people with schizophrenia hear and see things that are not real?
- Q Do all people with schizophrenia have to be institutionalized?
- Q Will I always hear voices with schizophrenia?
- Q How does SSI help people with schizophrenia?
- Q How can people with schizophrenia manage their stress?
- Q How do pregnant women cope with schizophrenia?