There are two factors that may contribute to a shorter life span. First, people with schizophrenia have a 1 in 10 chance of committing suicide, which is higher than the general population. They also are more likely to have serious medical conditions than the average person. These health problems may contribute to earlier death.
- Q Are there negative effects of exercise for someone who has schizophrenia?
- Q How do pregnant women cope with schizophrenia?
- Q Can I get pregnant if I have schizophrenia?
- Q Can people with schizophrenia live alone?
- Q What is it like to have schizophrenia and hear voices?
- Q How can schizophrenia affect my life?