There are two factors that may contribute to a shorter life span. First, people with schizophrenia have a 1 in 10 chance of committing suicide, which is higher than the general population. They also are more likely to have serious medical conditions than the average person. These health problems may contribute to earlier death.
- Q Why do people with schizophrenia have trouble with their hygiene?
- Q Can people with schizophrenia maintain a job?
- Q How can the stigma associated with schizophrenia be overcome?
- Q How do pregnant women cope with schizophrenia?
- Q Can people with schizophrenia live alone?
- Q Can I get pregnant if I have schizophrenia?