There are two factors that may contribute to a shorter life span. First, people with schizophrenia have a 1 in 10 chance of committing suicide, which is higher than the general population. They also are more likely to have serious medical conditions than the average person. These health problems may contribute to earlier death.
- Q How can people with schizophrenia manage their stress?
- Q Are there public programs to help people with schizophrenia?
- Q How can schizophrenia affect my life?
- Q Is exercise good for someone who is schizophrenic?
- Q How does SSI help people with schizophrenia?
- Q Why do people with schizophrenia hear and see things that are not real?