Will there be more cases of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)?

It is possible that the virus that causes severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) could reenter the human population. The virus is thought to have originally come from viruses in bats and passed through civets (nocturnal mammals found in Asia and Africa). These animals continue to carry viruses that could enter the human population.

Continue Learning about SARS

What is incubation period of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)?
The incubation period, or amount of time for symptoms to appear after infection, of severe acute res...
Is there a cure for severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)?
There is no cure for severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). Antiviral drugs may provide some ...
Would a person exposed to the SARS virus be quarantined?
Quarantine is the confining of a person who has been exposed to a particular illness but does not ha...
How do I manage my severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)?
A person who has been diagnosed with severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) may require hospitaliz...