How common is Salmonella food poisoning?

Every year, about 40,000 Americans are documented as being infected with Salmonella bacteria. But since the condition often goes away on its own without medical treatment, the actual number of cases is probably significantly higher. Older people, people with weakened immunes systems, and children under five years of age have a higher risk of contracting Salmonella. The statistics are also much higher in undeveloped countries.

Continue Learning about Salmonella Food Poisoning

What You Need to Know About Salmonella
What You Need to Know About Salmonella
Salmonella, or salmonellosis, is a bacterial infection that sets up shop in your gut and can wreak havoc on your intestinal tract. Named after Daniel ...
How is food poisoning from salmonella treated?
For an otherwise healthy person over one year of age, food poisoning from salmonella may be treated ...
How can my child and I avoid getting a Salmonella infection from our pet?
Follow these simple guidelines to prevent getting a Salmonella infection from your pet: After con...
To Eat Fewer Calories, Enjoy Calm Meals
To Eat Fewer Calories, Enjoy Calm Meals