Why are child safety seats important?

As for proper placement, the lap belt should be around the waist, and the shoulder belt should be midway between the shoulder and go across the chest. Both belts should be snug and not loose. If the belt is loose, it will not work properly during a collision.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

How do I prevent drowsy driving?
American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM)American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM)
To prevent drowsy driving, do the following: Plan ahead by taking an afternoon nap before driving...
How effective are seat belts?
Eastern Idaho Regional Medical CenterEastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
Seat belts are by far the most effective protection against avoiding injury and even death in a car ...
What are the legal implications of not wearing a helmet?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
 Due to the litigious society that we live in, it is strongly recommended that everyone wear a helme...
What steps can I take to prevent accidents?
Fate is fate. But that doesn't mean you should accept any accident as karma's way of paying you back...