Who certifies equine safety helmets?

Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Family Medicine
The Safety Equipment Institute (SEI) is the coordinator and administrator for helmet certification.  SEI selects the existing standards they feel are necessary for the product.  For equestrian helmets, SEI chose ASTM standard F1163 as the best standard for determining the certification of an equine safety helmet.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Why Texting and Driving Is So Dangerous
Why Texting and Driving Is So Dangerous
In Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, the good doctor’s monster was brought to life by high voltage electric shocks that jumpstarted the creature’s organs a...
How should I store my pet food safely?
Dry pet food and treats may contain germs, such as Salmonella. Follow these storage tips to help pre...
How can my child safely interact with animals?
Children younger than 5 years old should be supervised while interacting with animals. Teach childre...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?