What are some tips for a safe summer for my children?

It is important to prepare your children for the activities they plan on participating in during the summer. It is crucial to teach your children water safety tips to prevent drowning or accidents. Stress the use of life jackets when appropriate and the importance of wearing sunblock for skin protection. Encourage activities that are fun but safe and age appropriate.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: 8 Tips to Bike Ride Safely
Biking is a great way to get around town and avoid traffic while getting a good workout. Thanks to biki, a bike sharing service, it’s easy for anyone ...
Working Against Gun Violence
Working Against Gun Violence
There’s a ban on smoking in most bars and restaurants in the U.S.; in most cities, there’s a ban on spitting in public; and in many states dancing on ...
Why is there resistance to wearing a safety helmet?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
Not wearing a safety helmet has become such a norm for many in the equine world.  Although, if quest...
How can I safely do sports while on an active vacation?
Whether your sport is ice climbing or reef diving, if you're planning an active vacation, depend on ...