What is functional comfort?

Functional comfort refers to the measure of ergonomic support you have in the workplace, including how well your space is lit and the comfort and support of your chair.

Unfortunately, most office furniture and cubicles are designed with the "one size fits all" mentality.

Obviously, people come in all shapes and sizes, so office furniture should address those differences.

Sitting improperly in a cubicle increases the potential for musculoskeletal conditions including pain in the neck, back, wrists, shoulders and legs.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

What You Need to Know About Dry Drowning
You know how right after you jog or do free weights, you feel fine, but the next day your muscles are tender and sore? This phenomenon was first descr...
What should I do if I get caught in a riptide?
A riptide (rip current) is a narrow, powerful current of water that runs perpendicular to the shore,...
What are some grilling safety tips?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
If you are planning to barbecue: If you're using a propane gas grill, inspect your propane tank a...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?