What information should be included in an adaptive diver's profile?

A meaningful adaptive diver’s profile should include the following basic information:
  • name and age
  • sizing information for scuba gear
  • relevant medical history, such as spinal cord injury T-4, for example
  • Needed Scuba Assistance (NSA) score
  • type of adaptive dive certification
  • names of adaptive dive team members
  • impairments affecting performance of scuba skills (mobility, sensory, thermal, hearing and visual)
  • needs for assistance with basic scuba skills
  • needs for assistance with key scuba skills (out-of-air emergencies, controlled descents/ascents and equalization) 
  • need for full-face mask equipment
  • need for adaptive equipment
  • special precautions that need to be observed, such as autonomic dysreflexia and pressure sores
  • other information that is relevant to provide reasonable assistance necessary to enhance safety and diving enjoyment 

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

How to Stay Safe in Hawaii’s Next Landslide
Landslides are a common and destructive occurrence in all mountainous areas, but the heavy rains, loose rocks and occasional seismic activity make Haw...
What are the legal implications of not wearing a helmet?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
 Due to the litigious society that we live in, it is strongly recommended that everyone wear a helme...
What type of protection will an ASTM/SEI helmet give me?
ASTM/SEI helmets provide protection to the skull and brain.  A term used when measuring the effectiv...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?