How much of a threat is workplace violence?

Workplace violence is a significant threat to occupational safety. Across the United States, more than 3 million people are victims of physical attacks in the workplace, and homicide is the chief cause of death for women at work.

A survey of nearly 500 U.S. workers also found that nearly one-fourth of the participants were victims of habitual bullying--and not only did that affect them, but it also affected those witnessing the bullying.

If your gut tells you that a co-worker could be dangerous, be sure to report it to a supervisor or someone in your human resources department.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

What to Do About Smoke-Filled Skies
What to Do About Smoke-Filled Skies
Folks from the West and Southwest to the Midwest and beyond are dealing with eye irritation, breathing difficulty and asthma from rampant wildfires th...
How can I safely do sports while on an active vacation?
Whether your sport is ice climbing or reef diving, if you're planning an active vacation, depend on ...
Why is it important for parents to be knowledgeable about equine safety?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
Education about equine safety must be given to adults.  Parents usually are aware of the apparent ri...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?