How much of a threat is workplace violence?

Workplace violence is a significant threat to occupational safety. Across the United States, more than 3 million people are victims of physical attacks in the workplace, and homicide is the chief cause of death for women at work.

A survey of nearly 500 U.S. workers also found that nearly one-fourth of the participants were victims of habitual bullying--and not only did that affect them, but it also affected those witnessing the bullying.

If your gut tells you that a co-worker could be dangerous, be sure to report it to a supervisor or someone in your human resources department.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: Turn Around, Don't Drown—Plus Other Ways to Stay Safe During a Flood
Every year it seems like more hurricanes and tropical storms are hurdling towards Hawaii. Although there were no direct hits in 2018, the Central Paci...
What should I do if I see a dead bat?
If you come across a dead bat, call animal control services to see if they can safely remove the ani...
How can I keep my child safe in the car?
A child is at a huge risk of severe injury or even death if she is not properly restrained with a ch...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?