How can I tell if the food in my refrigerator or freezer is safe to eat?

Frances Largeman-Roth, RD
The best way to tell if food in your fridge or freezer is safe to eat is to rely on COT: color, odor and texture. Watch registered dietician Frances Largeman-Roth explain why these factors are good indicators of whether or not your food is spoiled.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Working Against Gun Violence
Working Against Gun Violence
There’s a ban on smoking in most bars and restaurants in the U.S.; in most cities, there’s a ban on spitting in public; and in many states dancing on ...
What are the most common summer injuries?
LewisGale Medical CenterLewisGale Medical Center
The injuries that orthopedic practices see in the summer are usually related to being outside. The w...
Is it okay to flush medications down the toilet?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) website maintains a list of some of the medications ...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?