How can I tell if my bicycle helmet fits properly?

Also in conjunction with the Cleveland Clinic comments. It's a common misconception to think age determines helmet size. Bicycle helmet size is based on head size, not age.

To ensure you are getting the right helmet size, it's important to measure a cyclist head. Using a regular tape measure, start above the eyebrow and wrap it around the head. Write down the number of inches, and bring it with you when you go to buy a helmet.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Expert Safety Tips on Playing Sports and Mowing the Lawn
Q: We bought a new house with a nice front and back yard. My husband is excited about cutting the lawn and is off buying a new push mower. I don’t wan...
What signs indicate that I should not be driving?
Dr. Aruna V. Josyula, MDDr. Aruna V. Josyula, MD
Signs indicating that you should not be driving include those listed in the following checklist, cre...
How can I safely bring an animal into a school or daycare?
It is important to remember that animals can have germs on their bodies and in their habitats, even ...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?