What should I expect following my rhinoplasty surgery?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Expect significant swelling after your nasal surgery. Edema will last up to 8 weeks. If nasal bony work is done (infracture of the dorsal hump), swelling can persist for up to 6 months. A splint is often placed for 7 days and packing removed after 48 hours. Purple bruising under the eyes may appear, especially with fracturing of the nasal bone. Your surgeon may place you on antibiotics and tapered steroids to reduce inflammation for 5 days. Head elevation is essential and cold compression may also reduce swelling. Review all post-operative instructions with your surgeon prior to the surgery to avoid unnecessary problems. 

Continue Learning about Rhinoplasty Or Nose Job

Jeremy Warner, MD - How is a rhinoplasty done?
Jeremy Warner, MD - How long does it take to recover from a rhinoplasty?