Does retinol treat measles?

Retinol and vitamin A have been proven to lessen the duration and impact of measles. This is especially true in undeveloped countries where there is a vitamin A deficiency that causes complications and sometimes death when there is a measles outbreak.

In addition to other treatments, vitamin A and retinol should be used to treat any case of the measles.

Continue Learning about Retinoids

When should I start to use retinols or retinoids?
Most of my patients who start using retinols for anti-aging effects begin in their thirties or later...
Should I use topical retinoids for acne if I am pregnant?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
There are questions about using topical retinoids during pregnancy. There are natural levels of ...
How can retinoids help improve my skin?
Retinoids are the only proven wrinkle reducer on the market. Retinoids can do amazing things, ac...
How do retinoids help treat psoriasis?
Topical retinoids can be used to treat psoriasis. These are prescription vitamin A-like gels and...