Should I talk to my doctor about my radiation fibrosis symptoms?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

It is important to talk to your doctor about any concerns you have about your health. If you have been exposed to prolonged radiation, either during cancer treatment or on the job, you may have radiation fibrosis. If you have been having tightening and scarring of the affected area, reduced range of motion, or shortness of breath, you have reason to be concerned.

Continue Learning about Restrictive Lung Diseases

What are some examples of common restrictive lung diseases?
Pulmonary fibrosis is a common restrictive lung disease often resulting from overexposure to radiati...
What research is being done regarding restrictive lung disease?
Currently, there is research being done to test the effectiveness of drug therapies on restrictive l...
How is restrictive lung disease caused in children?
Sunrise Children's HospitalSunrise Children's Hospital
Restrictive lung disease is caused in children by scoliosis or disease.
How do I care for someone who has restrictive lung disease?
What you need to know about caring for someone with restrictive lung disease is that it's important ...