Will resistance training help improve my cardiorespiratory fitness?

Yes, resistance training should help to improve your cardiorespiratory fitness. The cardiorespiratory system's job is to supply energy to working muscles, so essentially any activity that requires our muscles to perform work such as in resistance training will increase the demand to our cardiorespiratory system.

Continue Learning about Resistance Training

How can I get bigger lats?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
The lat muscle is a fan-shaped muscle that runs from the low back to the front of the arm. The w...
Other than big muscles, are there health benefits to resistance training?
Oh yes! Let me count the ways. Resistance training builds muscle so contributes most per minute to w...
What are the benefits of suspension training?
One of the biggest benefits of suspension training is increased core stability and strength. Regardl...
Why is it important to maintain good posture while resistance training?
Maintaining good posture during resistance training is important because it helps ensure that the mu...