There is no cure for residual schizophrenia or for any type of schizophrenia. People develop varying degrees and types of schizophrenia, and most people will continue to need treatment throughout their lives. Treatment with antipsychotic medication, along with therapy, community and family support, and life skills training helps many people with schizophrenia to experience fewer symptoms of their condition.
- Q What increases my risk for residual schizophrenia?
- Q How common is residual schizophrenia?
- Q What are the treatment options for residual schizophrenia?
- Q How do I manage my residual schizophrenia on a daily basis?
- Q How do medications treat residual schizophrenia?
- Q How do other illnesses affect residual schizophrenia?